Monday, July 28, 2014

Levine/Robison Safari 2014

I spent 10 days on the road going to national parks, as well as biking and running im places I had always wanted to visit. My friend, Mark Robison, went with me as far as Reno, Nevada. I dropped him there, and spent two days working at the farm animal sanctuary he runs with his wife, Dianne.

On the way out, Mark and I visited Arches National Park, Colorado National Monument, Canyonlands National Park, and Bryce Canyon. Each was beautiful and wonderful in its own way. After a couple of exhausting, but fun-filled days at Cockadoodlemoo Farm Animal Sanctuary, I started the drive home via Park City, UT so that I could get in more mountain biking - this time downhill. 

The trip also gave me a chance to try out some new and older equipment that I use in very different types of settings than Kansas. I will have product updates in future blogs.

Here are just a few of the 50 or so photos I took on the trip.

Our trusty transport looks good even with my finger obscuring a portion of the Colorado mountain side.

Friend and editor of RUN, Mark Robison, outside of Frisco, CO. 

At Colorado National Monument - super place. 

Our tent on day 2 at Moab Under Canvas - Moab, Ut. (Aka glamping)

My Rockhopper 29 taking a rest outside Moab. 

Arches National Park. The majesty!!!

Psych!

My fave for beauty, hiking and trail running, Bryce Canyon

Feeding a friend at Cockadoodlemoo Farm Animal Sanctuary just outside of Reno, NV. 

On top of the Reno Museum of Art roof. 

Quick photo break with friends between downhill mountain bike runs at Deer Valley/Park City, Utah

I missed a turn somewhere on our fourth downhill run.

Last day in Colorado I took a quick ride around Dillon Lake before the rain set in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment