Sunday, April 5, 2015

Stand Up Rockin' K RDs

So the Rockin' K Marathon was yesterday and I was not within 100 miles of the event. Instead I awoke and went for a 7.5 mi run (at a pretty good clip) with my running buddy, Adrian. He's getting ready for a half-marathon in Bloomington, IN next week. And since it is a shorter distance, speed counts. Since I had been training for the trail marathon for the past couple of months, the increase in speed had me sucking a bit of wind. Still, it was nice to get the miles moving by a bit faster than they had been recently.

As far as injury, my leg and ankle hurt for the duration if the run. The pain for the shorter distances is not so bad. At about 15 miles, it really seems that my run is over. I'm hoping that nice, varied terrain, 5-10 mile runs will slowly cure the problem.

Big props to the Rockin's K race directors. I contacted them a couple of weeks ago to let them know to give my spot to someone else if they wanted - the race had been sold out. They wrote me back and offered me a free spot for next year. I was blown away with the kind gesture, and plan to give it another try (assuming all is well with my leg).

Heading out for another run in a couple of minutes. 6-7 mi this a.m. All should be good (fingers crossed).

1 comment:

  1. Hope your injury continues to improve! The Rockin' K folks really are great folks.Much like the Trail Hawks, their focus is putting on a great event where everyone has a positive experience, not on turning a profit. I've run the for-profit races too, and it's a fun vibe also, but definitely different. Paul and I ran together for several miles in the early going and lamented the fact that you couldn't make the race. Glad to hear that you're already signed up for next year. :-)

    ReplyDelete