Sunday, June 23, 2019

2 World Records Fall

I watched a mile race on Youtube the other day. It was 50-54 year olds trying to break the age-group world record of something like 4:21. To me, that seemed like a pretty staggering thing to be able to do. I've run forever, and I can't recall, even in my youth, being able to break 6 minutes (which is probably the reason I've never been a professional runner). Well, I'm happy to announce that there is a new sub 4:20 world record in the age-group. Watching people who really know how to run and who have the body-type necessary for speed is really something to behold. I'm always amazed that good runners, female or male, at any age, look like good runners.

In other running news, I also heard a piece on Only A Game about a 100+ year old woman who set the 100 meter world record in her age group (not a crowded field, I'm guessing). She finished in just over 33 seconds. And honestly, I bet that is faster than a lot of people literally half her age could do it.

Keep running, reading, and take care of each other and yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment