Sunday, May 4, 2014

Nice Running Weather and Geocache Find

It was a hot sweaty trail run today. The vegetation along the Rivertrails is really starting to grow. Brushing against it constantly, I could not stop thinking about tics. I had a couple of deer sightings. I expected to find snakes, but instead found translucent lizards climbing over fallen logs.

One interesting thing that I found about 6 miles into the run was a geocache. I have never come across one of those before. Obviously I had not been trying to find it. I simply noticed a container that I didn't remember in the crook of a tree about 20 m off of the trail. If I had been looking another direction I would have missed it entirely. It was kind of a cool find. I signed in and put it back where I found it.

Having biked the trails the past couple of days and not seen another cyclist, I was actually surprised today when I ran the full loop and encountered something like 20 cyclists this morning. It's kind of nice running trails when other people are biking them. You get to run into people you would otherwise miss. I ran into my biking and running buddy, Eric, this morning. If I had had a bike in my car, I would have gone out with him and on the trails again on the velo. 

My hamstring held up very well on the run today. I stopped at about mile 4 1/2 and stretched for a couple of minutes. But really, there was no issue.

I got home in time to hear a wonderful episode of This American Life. That show is always a treat to hear, whenever I happen to remember to listen to it.

Now that it's over, I'm going to do a careful examination for tics, take a shower, and hang out with my cat, Lucas.


No comments:

Post a Comment